G. William Hartzell Community Grants
In 2017, The Piqua Community Foundation began awarding these grants to organizations serving residents of Piqua, Ohio. The grants are not specific to particular programs or projects within the organizations and may be used for any purpose allowable for a charitable, not-for-profit organization.
- The grant deadline is generally July 31 each year. The application will be posted here in the weeks proceeding the deadline.
- Organizations are encouraged to apply as often as they wish. However, organizations that were not funded in the most recent grant cycle may be given extra consideration to allow many organizations to benefit from this fund.
- Eligibility is not affected by receiving a grant or grants from any other fund of The Piqua Community Foundation.
- Since so many of The Foundation’s community grants are made to school organizations, the Hartzell grants are not meant to be school grants. Organizations (such as U.V.M.C. Rachel’s Challenge, Brukner’s Owl Extraordinaire program, etc.) that operate in the school systems may apply.
- The committee will have the right to determine the amounts of each grant made – those made to different organizations in a given year need not be equal.
For more information, please contact The Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org.