The Piqua Community Foundation accepts grant applications from charitable organizations, provided the applicant and application meet the following criteria:
- The application must be accompanied by documentation verifying the organization’s 501(c)(3) or equivalent tax-exempt status.
- The applicant organization must adhere to a mission that is religious, educational, scientific, literary or charitable in nature.
- The application must document the way the project for which funds are being sought will benefit the residents of Piqua, Ohio.
In most cases, The Foundation does not make grants for salaries or for general operating expenses. The Foundation does not make grants to the same organization, project or program in consecutive years.
The Piqua Community Foundation hosts semi-annual grant review cycles — one in the spring and one in the fall.
The deadlines are March 31 and September 30, or the last business day preceding those dates in the case that they fall on a weekend.
Announcements of grant awards will be made within two months of the application deadlines.
Grant guidelines & application
The Foundation strongly encourages potential applicants to contact Foundation staff to ensure eligibility and ask project-specific questions prior to completing an application. Only complete applications that meet these guidelines and are submitted by the deadline will be considered for funding.
Please note that The Piqua Community Foundation application process has been revised, effective for the spring 2021 cycle. Revisions of note for repeat applicants include:
- The Foundation now uses one common application and shared deadlines for all grant requests, regardless of the organization’s structure or the amount of the project funding sought.
- Grant guidelines and the application form are available yearround at The Foundation’s website.
- Applications are accepted via email, as well as in paper form via mail or hand delivery.
Successful applicants will be asked to include The Piqua Community Foundation in all related promotional activities and will be required to submit a grant report within one year of the award, or by the end of the school year during which the project took place. Failure to complete required reporting will result in ineligibility for future grant awards from The Foundation.
For more information
Applicants are invited to contact The Foundation with any questions or concerns at email@example.com or 937.615.9080.