The Patricia L. Recker Memorial Fund Scholarship
About the fund: This fund was established by George William “Bill” Hartzell in 1998 in memory of his wife, Patricia L. Recker, an active community supporter and volunteer. The fund continues her philanthropic spirit she showed during her full life. This scholarship shares an application with The G. William Hartzell Charitable Fund Scholarship.
Qualifications: Applicants must attend a college or university after high school graduation and be studying for a two- or four-year degree. Applicants must also either:
- live in the Piqua City Schools’ district OR
- be graduating from Piqua High School or Lehman Catholic High School OR
- be the child or grandchild of a current or former employee of Hartzell Industries,
Hartzell Hardwoods or Hartzell Air Movement (Hartzell Fan).
Award value: Multiple renewable scholarships of up to $1,000 each, potentially renewable for up to four years with successful renewal application. Total scholarship awards dependent on current fund value.
Deadline: The 2024 scholarship application will made available in January 2024 with a mid-March deadline.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to The Piqua Community Foundation, Attn: Scholarships, P.O. Box 226, Piqua, OH 45356
- Hand deliver to 209 West Ash Street, Piqua
College students who are eligible for renewal will receive information from The Foundation by email prior to the deadline to re-apply.