The G. William Hartzell Charitable Fund Scholarship
Applications will be available here in early 2023
In Google Docs, please select File>Make a Copy to save the document to My Drive and make edits.
About the fund: George William “Bill” Hartzell was instrumental in leading the Hartzell family businesses in Piqua for many years and was a major supporter of the Piqua community. Mr. Hartzell passed away in 2016; a bequest made as a result of his estate planning allows the fund to continue his generosity to the community. This scholarship shares a common application with The Patricia L. Recker Memorial Fund Scholarship.
Qualifications: Applicants must attend a four-year college or university after high school graduation and be studying for a four-year degree or a degree designed for more than four years. Applicants must also either:
- live in the Piqua City Schools’ district OR
- be graduating from Piqua High School or Lehman Catholic High School OR
- be the child or grandchild of a current or former employee of Hartzell Industries,
Hartzell Hardwoods or Hartzell Air Movement (Hartzell Fan).
Award value: Multiple scholarships of up to $2,500 each, potentially renewable for up to four years with successful renewal application. Total scholarship awards dependent on current fund value.
Deadline: Must be received by The Foundation office (or postmarked, if mailing) by deadline. Deadline will be set in early 2023.
- Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mail to The Piqua Community Foundation, Attn: Scholarships, P.O. Box 226, Piqua, OH 45356
- Hand deliver to 209 West Ash Street, Piqua
College students who are eligible for renewal will receive information from The Foundation by email prior to the deadline to re-apply.