The Piqua Community Foundation is excited to announce the establishment of a new fund in December 2019. The A Better Community (ABC) Fund will support projects, events, initiatives and programs which enhance the quality of life in the Piqua community. The donor advised fund, established by Dr. Julian Trevino, will achieve its goals through support of efforts which enhance:
- Parks and recreational activities
- Aesthetic environment through thoughtful addition of trees, landscaping, sculptures and other outdoor art to improve our neighborhoods and make the Piqua community more attractive for current and future residents
- Community gathering areas, particularly the downtown/riverfront area and athletic and cultural facilities, to provide additional resources to residents and attract visitors to our community
- The quality of lives of residents – concerts, lectures, art exhibits, festivals and other events which enhance and promote the Piqua community
- Educational programs and facilities which promote the adoption of health lifestyles and support disease-prevention
The donor advisory committee will select programs or projects to be funded each year, within the above guidelines. The committee will not be accepting applications. For more information, contact The Foundation office.