Foundation 2019 Fall Grants
The Distribution Committee of the Piqua Community Foundation recommended that the Board of Directors approve $50,909 for distribution at their October meeting, with grants being awarded to organizations in November 2019 at the annual meeting of Life Trustees.
Mini-Grants Were Awarded To:
- Lehman Catholic High School– for classroom novels
- Lehman Catholic High School – for Science Olympiad program
- Piqua City Schools– Washington – violins and accessories used in SuccessBound program
- Piqua City Schools– PHS – incentives for Piqua Pride program
- Upper Valley Career Center– to purchase uniforms for students in need
Standard Grants Were Awarded To:
- American Legion Post 184 – resurfacing of parking lot
- Center for Early Learning at Piqua Catholic – safety/security film installed on school front doors
- City of Piqua, Fire Department – Vulcan L.E.D. lights and accessories
- Edison State Community College – two phlebotomy feet for practicing blood draws
- Edison State Community College – four Lecia clinical laboratory microscopes
- Edison State Community College – WinWay resumé software
- Goodwill/Easterseals of Miami Valley – exercise equipment for Piqua Adult Day Services
- Hospice of Miami County – bladder scanner and two Dynamap machines
- Lockington United Methodist Church – God’s Grocery food pantry
- Piqua Catholic School – LEGO “MindStorm” education kits for STEM projects
- Piqua Catholic School – Washington D.C. bi-annual trip for Junior High students
- Piqua City Schools – PCIS– Jim “Basketball” Jones visit
- Piqua City Schools – PCIS – benches and pollinator plantings for Garden Tribe Schoolyard Garden
- Piqua City Schools – PHS – trip to Nashville, TN for Hamilton Education Program
- U.V.M.C. Foundation – equipment for cardio-pulmonary rehab center
The Distribution Committee will meet next in April 2020. All grant applications received prior to March deadlines will be considered at that time.
Standard Grant Recipients:
Left to Right: Susan Walker Hemm of Miami County Hospice, Bill Hayes of Piqua Catholic School, Christy Hayes of the Center for Early Learning at Piqua Catholic, Amy Bixler and Annette Willis of Goodwill/Easterseals, Duanna Osting of the U.V.M.C. Foundation, Brandi Olberding and Morgan Abney of Edison State Community College, Scott Bloom of Piqua City Schools, Vicki Kirk of Edison State Community College, Courtney Downs of Piqua High School, Chief Brent Pohlschneider and Captain Dustin Lacy of the Piqua Fire Department, and Pat Penny of American Legion Post 184. Unavailable: Brenda Gibson of Lockington U.M. Church
Denise Stauffer of Lehman Catholic High School, Kendra Krouskop-Smith of Piqua City Schools, Sondra Schneider of the Upper Valley Career Center, Joe Taylor of Piqua City Schools, and Erica Butler of the Upper Valley Career Center.
Any 501(c) 3 organization interested in receiving application information should contact the Foundation office at 615-9080 or click HERE for more information.