Foundation 2018 Spring Grants
The Piqua Community Foundation made grants totaling more than $48,000 to numerous local non-profit organizations and schools on May 10, 2018 at a distribution ceremony held at the YWCA of PIqua.
Mini-Grants Were Awarded To:
- Lehman Catholic High School – for tuners for the music department
- Piqua Central Intermediate School – 3 grants for a formal dining project, sensory items for an intervention classroom and multi-disciplinary items for the MD classroom.
- Springcreek Elementary – for health and fitness equipment
Standard Grants Were Awarded To:
- Council on Rural Services Program – support for a HATCH interactive board
- Dayton Performing Arts Alliance – for Adventures in Sound programs in Piqua intermediate schools
- Edison State Community College – 2 grants for their Administrative Professionals Day and for a jazz clinic for local junior high and high school students
- Girl Scouts of Western Ohio – for summer camp fees and transportation for Piqua Girl Scouts to attend summer day camps
- Miami County Park District – for a program on pollinators at Piqua Central Intermediate School
- Piqua Arts Council – to support their Labor Day weekend Arts Festival
- Piqua Catholic School – 2 grants for indoor security cameras and to help underwrite student retreat fees for grades 5-8
- Piqua City Schools – 4 grants for the memorial garden at P.H.S., exercise equipment for Piqua Jr. High, MUSE Machine activities at Springcreek Elementary and for system-wide speech and language evaluation tools
- Piqua Music Boosters – for new risers for The Company Show Choir
- Troy – Miami County Library – for the Dolly Parton Imagination Library providing home-mailed books for Piqua children
- St. James Episcopal Church – to support installation of a chair lift for access to their second level.
Seated, L to R: Jennifer Huelskamp, Heather Brandt and Beth Weaver-Culpepper, all of Piqua City Schools.
Standing, L to R: Ryan Wendel of Lehman High School, Cady Sexton of Piqua City Schools,
and Steve Staley, distribution chairman for The Piqua Community Foundation
Standard Grant Recipients:
Seated, L to R: Leigh Ann McCulla of the Miami County Park District, Cindy McCurdy and Kait Barnes of the Girl Scouts of Western Ohio, Marva Archibald of Edison State Community College, JoCinda Johns and Linda Tinsley of the Council on Rural Services, Jeanette Fletcher of Piqua City Schools and Rachelle Miller of the Troy-Miami County Library.
Standing, front row – L to R: Kaitlin Mullennix and Ashtyn Wilson of “The Company”, Jordan Knepper of the Piqua Arts Council, Cindy Pearson of St. James Church, Jackie Thase-Burch of Piqua City Schools and Scott Myers of the Miami County Park District.
Standing, back row – L to R: Brad Zimmerman of Piqua Catholic School, Dennis TenWolde of the Dayton Performing Arts Alliance, Joshua Smith and Tony Lyons of the Piqua City Schools, and Steve Staley, distribution chairman for The Piqua Community Foundation.
The next Piqua Community Foundation grants will be made in November 2018. All grant applications received prior to the September deadlines will be considered for funding. Any 501(c) 3 organization interested in receiving application information should contact the Foundation office at 615-9080 or email on the Contact Us tab.
Any 501(c) 3 organization interested in receiving application information should contact the Foundation office at 615-9080 or visit the website www.PiquaCommunityFoundation.org for more